|(Now defunct) TL Wood jacket|
Nina's black TL Wood jacket in episode 8 of season 5 was a soft moto style.
That's a jacket with a round neck, but she left the neck folded over (that's code for flapping around).
A moto style overlaps at the top & eases out at the bottom.
Did you notice that leaving the jacket open like Nina looked sloppy - messy. This style is designed to be worn closed just like their close cousins, the double breasted jackets.
It also is a soft fabric with little scaffolding - so it doesnt disguise any figure flaws - it just emphasises the wearer's figure, as it is. Great if you have a wonderful figure. Not so great otherwise.
Who does this style of jacket suit?
Basically, a tall person with an hourglass shape.
They dont work the best for:
* rectangles - they don't create a waist;
* pears - the short style will make a pear look larger than they are on the bottom half;
* apples - the excess floppy fabric isnt good for the voluptuousness of an apple;
* busty - the excess floppy fabric makes the bust even bigger;
* petites - anything with excess fabric is not a good idea for a petite. The shorter length is good, but sans the floppy top part;
If you are not a tall hourglass, if you go for a classic single breasted style, you will be way ahead in the style stakes. For apples you may want to try something softer in shape (suggest a knit) with an empire waist.
|Zara Woman - the ruffle is removeable|
|Zara Woman - navy longer style more flowy|
|Zara Basic - a classic round neck style |
without the extra volume of a moto style
|Zara Basic - sculptural semi peplum style |
with hook/eye closure
|Zara Woman - Sgt Pepper style, |
fabulous structure &
terrific for pear as it creates
an upper body presence
|Zara Woman moto style with removeable sections.|
This is a very structured piece, unlike
Nina's soft fabric floppy jacket.
|Internet photo showing a classic/traditional jacket|
|$300 was the original price.|